Below is a public calendar sharing events and activities relevant to the Data Discovery Centre based at Innovation Birmingham, from DEFT153 Ltd.
It includes events and activities run by third parties, as well as those delivered directly by DEFT153 Ltd.
Events are included based on relevance to local highways and transport, open data, data analysis and exploration, innovation, funding, collaborative partnerships, SME’s, tech, and academia.
*See below the calendar for details of the June-July 2018 local transport events leading up to Digital Transport Exchange 11-12 July 2018*
June-July 2018 special – key events for local transport dataUpcoming Transport Data Events June July 2018
With support from Landor LINKS, ThingsCamp (IoT unconference), Transport Data Initiative (TDI) and the BBC, DEFT153 is working with each event organiser to build a deeper understanding and use of local transport data across an audience of:
- local government technical advisers (LGTAG Conference 22 May 2018)
- transport modellers (Modelling World, 5-6 June)
- highway maintenance teams and regional alliances (South West Highways Alliance Focus on Funding 14 June)
- those interested or building sensors and tech using IoT devices (ThingsCamp5)
- local authority traffic and transport teams (Transport Data Initiative, 21 June)
- regional journalists seconded to the BBC Shared Data Unit to learn data journalism (28 June – email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to book a place)
- data and digital transport service providers, local authorities and regional authorities at the Digital Transport Exchange, 11-12 July 2018)
DfT Local Transport Data Discovery – early findings
This collaborative, multi-event effort is in support of, and preparation for, the recommendations from the DfT Local Transport Data discovery project, which are due to be announced on 17th October 2018 at the Smarter Traffic Management conference in Newcastle.
Initial findings from the discovery project were shared at the Local Government Technical Advisers Group conference on 22 May in London.
Fantastic to be hearing from DfT’s Graham Hanson on the initial findings from the newly completed Local Transport Data Discovery delivered by North Highland for @transportgovuk, here this morning at the @LG_TAG President’s conference pic.twitter.com/JeW1ndaXBe
— Teresa Jolley (@teresacjolley) 22 May 2018